Sunday, December 10, 2017

Matcha green tea cookie

I am just come back from holiday in Japan. I visited my family with my 5 months daughter. I stayed in Japan for only 1 week. I had good time with my family.

I brought back ‘‘matcha‘‘ powder from Japan.
 

Matcha is kind of green tea, it is finely ground powder. We use it in traditional tea ceremony.  And nowadays,  we use it to flavor and dye foods such as ice cream, chocolate, cookies, buns .....any kind of  food.

It is easy to use in the baking stuff.  You need to shift it. It is crumbly like cocoa powder. 

Matcha cookie


100g unsalted butter (cold and cut into pieces)
200g  Plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
100g white sugar
2 tsp matcha powder
1 egg (beaten)

1.Shift match powder first.  In the food processor, combine plain flour and baking soda, sugar, matcha powder. Add cold pieces of butter, process until it becomes crumbly.
2. Transfer it into a bowl. Add beaten egg, make it until it becomes cookie dough. Knead it roughly.
3. Wrap it with the plastic wrap, place it into the fridge for 30 - 60 minutes.
4. Take it out from fridge.
Preheat oven at 180C. Put baking paper on the baking tray.
Roll the dough out 5mm thick. If it is too hard to roll out, leave it at room temperature for a while.
Use your favorite cookie mold to make the shape.

5. Bake it at 180C for 10 - 15 minutes until it becomes lightly brown.
6. Cool down on the wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment