I have tried before, it was soft, rich butter and chunky chocolate danish.
I made it with Brioche dough. It is more elastic crumb than danish pastry. To make chunky texture, I chopped block of chocolate instead using chocolate chips.
The brioche dough fermented over-night in the fridge. It makes easy to handle the buttery dough.
Caution!! It is really yummy. It might be easy to eat whole ring by yourself. But it is high energy, though.
Chocolate Brioche Ring
(18 cm ring loaf)
200 g High grade flour
20 g Sugar
4 g Salt
4 g Instant dry yeast
Egg (whole) 50 g
Egg yolk 20 g
Milk 75 g
100 g unsalted butter (chopped)
100 g Chunky chopped chocolate
1. In a mixing bowl with dough hook, place flour, sugar, salt, yeast, egg and milk. Mix it for 5 to 8 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
Add butter, and knead it for another 10 to 15 minutes until it becomes smooth and more elastic. Check it, the dough can stretch paper thin.
2. Transfer it in the oil coasted bowl with cover. Ferment it at room temperature for 1 hour and in the fridge for over-night (8 - 12 hours).
3. On the floured counter, deflate the dough, and make it a ball. Rest it 20 minutes with cover.
4. Use a rolling pin. Make it 15 cm x 20 cm rectangle. Place chunky chocolate on it. Roll it up. Make it a ring. Transfer it into the oil coated ring tin.
5. Proof it at worm place for 1 hour.
Preheat oven at 200℃.
6. Brush egg wash on it.
Bake it at 190℃ for 20 to 25 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
7. Cool it down on the wire rack.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.