It was interesting that they have own tea, coffee and food culture. I get lots of spices, tea leaves and coffee beans in each country.
Nepal has similar culture with India, but different.
I got tea masala spice in Nepal. That makes masala chai tea in Nepal and India,
Masala means '' mixture of spices '' in Hindi.
My masala spice is mixture of ginger, cloves, cardamon, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, star anise.
I made bagels with masala spice. I added tea and milk to make chai flavor.
And I added coconuts thread.
I made 6 small one, dividing the dough into 80g each.
The recipe is making 5 bagels, dividing the dough into 100g each.
It was yuumy with butter and honey ; )
Masala Chai Coconuts Bagels
Bread four 300g
Dry yeast 5g
Masala spice 10g
Black tea (brewed) 110cc
coconuts thread 30g & extra for topping
Warm up milk into lukewarm
Brew tea and cool it down to lukewarm
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, yeast and spice. Add milk and tea, knead it with dough hook until it become smooth and elastic, about 12 minutes. Add coconuts thread and knead it until coconuts are evenly incorporated.
2. Transfer the dough into the oil sprayed container or bowl with cover. place it warm place, let it rise for 1-1.5 hours until it becomes double size.
3. Transfer the dough on the floured counter, deflate it briefly. Davide it into 100g each. make them rough balls. Put cover and let rest them for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare boiling water in the sauce pan keeping simmer and baking sheet on the baking tray.
Preheat the oven at 190℃.
5. Shape them into bale shape.
I have bagel shaping detail at my previous recipe on Honey Bagel.
6. Boil the bagel 30 seconds each side. Adjust heat if necessary so that water stay at a simmer. Sprinkle extra coconuts on them.
7. Put them on the baking tray, and bake them at 190℃ for 15- 18 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.