Pumpkin Cookies are a soft and spongy textured cookie with the earthy flavor of pumpkin.
Pumpkin Cookies(about 30pieces)
100g Pumpkin (peel and cut into dice)
100g Butter (softened)
80g Brown sugar
2 Egg yolks
250g Rising flour
Half teaspoon of Baking powder
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
50g Dark chocolate (chopped)
1 teaspoon of oil
1.In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder together.
Heat pumpkin with microwave for 5 minutes. Mash them, and make it paste.
2. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar with your electric mixer (or a hand mixer) until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolks one at a time, mix well after each addition.
4. Add pumpkin paste (1) and vanilla extract, and beat until incorporated.
5. Add half of flour mixture, mix with spatula with care, then add left flour in it. mix it until hard
to mix with spatula. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap, and place it into the fridge for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven at 180c.
Divide the dough into 30 or you like. Make them oval shape, and press with your palms(about 5mm thick).
Put a pumpkin seed the top as calyx. Scar pattern with a dough scraper or a knife.
8. Melt dark chocolate, and mix with oil. Place some of the filling in a piping bag fitted with a small plain tip and pipe faces on the tops of each cookie.
Cool them down.
Have a fun!!