It is not just a simple white bread!
It is very soft and springy crumb.
This loaf contains milk and fresh pure cream instead of water. That makes rich creamy taste.
Actually in Japan, we have Hokkaido milk bread. ''Hokkaido'' is place which produce good quality milk in Japan. This loaf is the same type of bread, rich milk taste, soft and springy.
I recommend to toast it and spread with butter and honey as breakfast!
Rich Milk Loaf
Sour dough starter
50g High grade flour
50 cc Water
Pinch of yeast
350g High grade flour
100cc Pure cream
20g Unsalted Butter (melted)
1. The day before, in a container, combine
flour, water and sourdough starter and stir. Set it 6-10 hours to ripen at room
2. Heat up milk and pure cream at 30℃.
In the mixer or bread machine, combine the
final dough ingredients. and milk, pure cream. Mix it 10 minute.
3. Put it into the container, then proof it at warp
place (35℃) till it becomes double size (about 6 - 10 hours).
4. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then
deflate it, knead briefly. Preshape it and let rest, covered, for 20
5. Shape into final loaf. Put the dough into the oil coated loaf tin.
6. Place it into warm place (35℃) with spray water, rise it for 1.5- 2 hours. Preheat the oven at 210℃.
7. Bake it at 200℃ for 20 minutes and at 180℃ for 10 minutes till it becomes golden brown.
Also you can find nice recipe on Yeastspotting.