Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Chocolate Buns & Custard Buns
Soft and sweet like brioche, contained milk, butter and sugar.
I should have apply egg wash!! I forgot about that!
And, don't bake too much, otherwise cream is comming out.
Good for coffee and breakfast.
My Sunday breakfast!!
Chocolate Bunss & Custard Buns
100g Dark chocolate(chopped)
100ml Fresh cream
Dark Ram (optional)
1. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rum if desired.
2. When it gets cool down, place it into fridge to make it cooler.
2 Egg yolks
3 Table spoon of Cornstarch
Vanila beans or extract
1. Heat milk in a sauce pan.
2. In a bowl, whiten egg yolks and sugar. Add heated milk in the bowl gradually as stiring.
3. Filter the mixture, put it back to the saoce pan. Add vanila beans (or extract)
4. Cook it over low heat stiring constantly.
5. Remove from fire, add cornstarch, stir until thick constantly.
6. Cool it down.
Sweet bread dough
200g High grade flour
100g Plain flour
5g Instant dry yeast
40g Unsalted Butter
1 Egg + Water (lukewarm) totaly 120g
Egg + milk
1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water.
2. In another large bowl, flour, sugar, salt, egg and mixture of water, stir well to combine. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Add softened butter into the dough, knead it untill smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.(Add more flour if it is too sticky.)
3. Put the dough into a bowl with cover, place it warm place (35℃) till it becomes double size, 1-1.5hour.
4. Pour the dough onto the floured counter, then deflate it, knead it briefly, divide it to 50g pieces. Make them rough ball, and set the dough with cover for 20minutes.
5. Punch the dough, make a roundl shape with a roll pin. Put the custard filling or chocolate filling on the dough. Seal the dough tightly, try not to put air in.
7. Bake them at 190℃ for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Cool them down on a wire lack. Decolate melted chocolate if you need.