Do you know about Japanese style bread?
French, German, Italian, American...these are famous style of bread. Everyone knows that.
We, Japanese, eat rice with meal traditionally, but eat lots of bread for breakfast, lunch and for tea.
We create own Japanese style bread and pastry.
Today, I made seaweed rolls. It is real Japanese taste. Because it is created by me... I am Japanese.
It contain 80% of white flour and 20% of rice flour. Rice flour make bread resilience texture. And we like to eat seaweed with rice.
I added soy sauce and butter, sesame seeds for flavor. I recommend soy sauce and butter combination. It is so savory taste and aroma. I didn't add salt, because say sauce contains salt.
Ops, yes, of cause I added seaweed. It makes it dark green color.
What do you think about this bread??
240g High grade flour
60g Rice flour
20g Sesame seeds
3g Instant dry yeast
3 Sheets of Seaweed sheet
180cc lukewarm Water
10g Soy sauce
30g Butter( melted )
1. In a small bowl, tear seaweed sheet to pieces and add 180cc lukewater. Leave it about 15minutes. It becomes paste. Then add soy sauce and mix together.
3. Place the dough onto the floured counter, then knead it for 10minutes till it becomes smooth and uniform. It might be stiff at first kneading. Add melted butter, and knead it for another 5minutes till it becomes elastic.
4. Put the bowl with cover into the warm place (35℃) till it becomes double size (about 1-1.5 hours )
5. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly. Divide into 8 pieces, make them balls roughly. Set the dough with cover for 20 minutes.
6. Reshape them into final balls.
7. Place it into warm place with spray water, rise them for 40 minutes.
8.Meanwhile preheat the oven at 190℃.
9. Score lines on the dough with sharp knife.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 190℃ or till color becomes golden.