Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Maple Brioche Loaf

Before, I made stick danish loaf with 6x6x20cm loaf tins which I bought in Japan. 
I quite like them. I can make small size slices. It is perfect for tea time snack size.

 
 
I like maple syrup. When my friends go to Canada, I ask them to buy maple syrup for me. But it never work....they give me maple syrup flavour cookies.
One day I want to go Canada, then I want buy good quality one. 
Anyway, I buy the maple syrup by myself at the supermarket or international food shop.

It is first time to bake something with maple syrup. I have used it for pan-cake lots of times.
I put it into the brioche dough.
It has golden brown color crust and brownish soft crumb.
It smell rich butter maple aroma.  It is better to have toast and extra maple syrup.



Maple Brioche Loaf
(make 2 of 6x6x20cm loaf)
250g Bread flour
4g Dried Yeast
4g Salt
60g Maple syrup
1 Whole egg
1 Egg yolk
70cc Milk
Unsalted Butter 70g

Egg wash

1. In the mixer or bread machine, combine all ingredients except butter. Mix it 10 minute till it becomes smooth and elastic.  Then add butter and knead it for 8 minutes until combine butter well.

2. Put it into the container, then proof it at warm place (30℃) for 30 minutes. 

Wrap it with plastic wrap. Put it into the fridge (4℃) for overnight or 8 - 12 hours. 

3. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly. 

  Divide it into 8 pieces, preshape them into rough balls and rest it with cover for 20 minutes. 

 
4. Shape into final loaf. 
Pat the piece of the dough with your palm. Roll it out with a rolling pin, make it 15cm oval. 

Fold 1/3 sides.  
Fold it  1/3  up-side loosely. 
 

  Roll it down and place it sealing side down. 
Place 4 pieces each in the loaf tin. 

 5. Place them at warm place (30℃) for 40 - 50 minutes...until the dough reach the top of tin. 
Preheat oven at 190℃.
 
6. Brush egg wash on the top.
Bake them at 180℃ for 25 minutes.

7. Take the bread out from tin while they are hot. 
Cool them down on the wire rack.



It is placed at Yeastspotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment