The other day, CNN chose Wellington as one of the top 8 international coffee destinations.
I agree that. There are cafes almost every corner, and some coffee rosters in the city, I sometime catch the aroma of coffee when I walk in the city.
I often brew coffee at home.
I made Coffee butter rolls with brewed coffee. '' butter roll '' is rich table roll contains butter and eggs. I made it before and have my old post, here. Sourdough Butter Rolls
If you cant brew coffee, use 1 tea spoon of instant coffee to make coffee instead.
It taste really nice. Rich buttery and coffee combination. Crumb color is light coffee brown.
Coffee Butter Rolls
Bread flour 300g
Dry yeast 5g
Brewed coffee 170cc
Egg (beaten) 30g
Unsalted butter 30g
Or Use 1 table spoon of instant coffee powder and make coffee.
Cool it dawn.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, dry yeast, and coffee. Knead it with the dough hook attachment for 10 minutes until it become smooth and elastic. Add soften butter, knead it another 5 minutes until butter is combined.
2. Put the dough into the oil coated container or bowl with cover. Let it rise and place it at warm place for 1 -1.5 hours until it become double size.
3. Transfer the dough on the floured counter, deflate it briefly. Divide it into 6 pieces, 90g each. Make rough ball and put side with cover to avoid dry. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
4. Make butter roll shapes.
A. Pat the dough gently, and make flat.
B. Fold top-side 1/3 part, seal it using your finger tips.
C. Fold bottom 1/3 part, seal it using your finger tips.
D. Fold over into half, seal it using your finger tips.
E. Hold right side with your right hand, and roll left side and make it one side thinner shape with your left hand. (My right hand is holding camera!!!)F. Rest them with cover for 10 minutes.
G. Roll it out with the rolling pin from middle to top.
H. Hold the bottom of the dough and roll down from middle to down.
I. Fold top part. Roll down top to bottom, make roll shape.
5. Let them proof for 30 - 40 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat oven at 200℃.
6. Brush egg wash on them, and bake them at 200℃ for 10 - 13 minutes until they becomes golden brown.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.