I started make sourdough starter with the pear wild yeast. I kept to feed flour and pear cider.
Now I made Hot cross buns with it.
The pear sourdough starter has fruity aroma. It match with dried fruits.
Hot cross buns
200g Sourdough starter (100% mature-hydration)
150g Bread flour
50g wholemeal flour
1 tea spoon cinnamon
1/2 tea spoon all spice
1/2 tea spoon of ginger ground
70cc lukewarm milk
30g unsalted butter (soften)
1. In a stand mixer bowl, combine flour wholemeal, salt, sugar, spice. Add egg and milk, sourdough starter. Knead it with the dough hook for 8 minutes until it becomes smooth. Add extra flour if it is too sticky. Add soften butter and knead it until butter is combined. Add saltana, and knead it until saltana is evenly Incorporated into the dough.
2. Transfer the dough into the oil coated bowl with plastic wrap cover. Let it rise for over night until it becomes double size.
3.Prepare baking pan. Put baking paper or apply oil.
Transfer the dough on the floured counter. Deflate it briefly, and divide it into even 9 peaces. Make them ball shapes.
4. Transfer them into the baking pan. Put the cover. Let it rise until it becomes double size.
5. Preheat oven 200 degrees.
Mix flour and water to make cross.
Brush egg wash on the dough.
Wrap the mixture with plastic wrap. Make a small hole with the pick. Squeeze out and make cross line on the dough.
6. Bake it for 20 - 25 minutes.
7. Cool it down.