I got a request from my mother in low to make brioche rolls using marmalade jam. She made marmalade jam from the garden orange. We need to use it up before it goes off.
I looked up for the idea. And I found an attractive recipe.
Pull-apart bread..... the recipe was made with cinnamon and brown sugar like cinnamon rolls.
It is brioche-like sourdough, naturally fermented. Bread is buttery and sweet, fluffy and soft.
Filling is just marmalade and melted butter.
I use 6 x 6 x 25cm slim loaf tin.
Marmalade pull - apart bread loaf
(6 x 6 x 25 cm slim loaf tin)
※Egg 1 + Milk (cold) = 180g
Butter (cold and chopped) 30g
20g melted butter
Egg + milk
Make sourdough starter.
※ 1 egg plus cold milk, make it 180g in total.
Spray oil on the loaf tin.
1. To make bread dough, combine flour,sugar and salt in the stand mixer bowl. Add sourdough starter and the mixture of egg and milk. Knead it for 8 minutes.
Add cold butter, knead it until all butter combine into the dough. It becomes sticky dough. Add more flour if you need.
2. Transfer the dough in the bowl. Put flour on your hand if the dough is too sticky. It Cover it with plastic wrap. Proof it in the fridge for 5 - 8 hours, or over night until it becomes bigger and double-size.
3. Pour the dough onto the floured surface bench top, then deflate it briefly.
Roll it out 30cm x 40cm.
Brush the melted butter. Spread over the marmalade jam.
Slice the dough into 8 strips evenly. Stack the strips on top of each other, make it 4 strips.
Stack the strips on top of another, make it 2 strips. Now you made 4 layers strips. Cut it into 6 pieces each.
Stack all the squares on top of each other and set into the prepared loaf tin.
Cover it loosely.
4. Let it rise for 1 hour or until the dough reaches top of the loaf tin.
Preheat oven 190c.
5. Brush the egg wash on the top.
Bake it for 30 - 35 minutes until the top becomes brown. Remove it from the oven, rest it for 20 - 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the tin to loosen and carefully turn the loaf out.
Enjoy it !!