I think I am kind of alcoholic. I always choose rum raisin ice cream at the ice cream shop. I prefer whisky chocolate. I like to use wine or beer to cook meat.
I always keep stock of rum infused dried fruit (raisin and cranberry ) in a jar. I keep to refill dried fruit and rum after use it.
Combination of cream cheese icing with rum raisin between short bread cookies.
This is one of popular modern Japanese dessert recipe.
I made it one bite small size. I add less sugar in the filling. Because the raisin is quite sweet.
Cream melt in my mouth. Yummy cookies.
Rum raisin cream cheese sandwich cookies
360 g Plain flour
90g White sugar
100g Butter(cold and cut into dice)
2 Eggs (beaten)
Cream cheese filling
50g Butter (soften)
200g Cream cheese (soften)
50g icing sugar
100g Rum infused dried fruit
1. In the food processor, combine flour and sugar, add butter. Blitz it until all the butter blended with the dry ingredients.
2. Transfer it into a bowl.
Add the eggs, knead it until it becomes dough.
3. Wrap it with the plastic wrap. Place it into the fridge for 30 - 60 mins.
4. On the floured work bench, roll the dough out 5mm thick. Use your favorite cookie mold.
5. Preheat oven 180c.
Bake it 15 mins at 180c.
6. Cool it down.
1. In the stand mixer, cream butter until it becomes pale. Add cream cheese and icing sugar, cream it together.
2. Add rum raisin. Combine well with the spatula.
Once cookies get cool down, sandwich 1 table spoon of cream filling between 2 shortbread cookies.
Lightly press cookies until the filling reaches to the edge.
Put them into the airtight container, keep in the fridge.