Sweet, sweet corn!!
Petit pain = Small size bread and yellow dots....Looks so cute!!
Corn flavor.... Because it uses tin whole kernel corn and also that tin corn juice.
Dont throw it away! Corn juice makes nice taste.
Natural sweet from sweet corn & honey.
Elastic texture from sour dough polish.
Good with main dishes, soup, for kids!!
Petit Corn Pain
50g High Grade Flour
Pinch of instant Yeast
Mix the polish ingredients in a container, place it into room temperature for 12 hours.
300g High Grade Flour
1 Tea spoon of Honey
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Tea spoon of Instant yeast
200cc Corn juice from tin + Water(if you need)
1 Tablespoon of Oil
100g Corn(tin whole kernel)
1. Dry corn off with paper towel.
2.Mix flours and honey, salt, polish, yeast, water into a bowl with your finger till it becomes hard to mix.
3. Place the dough onto the floured counter, then knead it for 8 minutes. Then put oil into the dough, knead it another 5 minutes till it becomes smooth and elastic.
4.Spread the dough, put corn onto it, knead it briefly till corn are just evenly incorporated into the dough.
Dont knead too much, otherwise corn kernel might be crushed.
If the dough gets sticky, add extra flour on it.
5. Put the dough into a bowl with cover, place it warm place (35℃) till it becomes double size (about 1.5 - 2 hours).
6. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly. Divide into 8 pieces. Shape them rough balls.
7. Set the dough with cover for 15 minutes.
8.Reshape them into final balls.
9. Place it into warm place with spray water, rise them for 30 minutes.
10.Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200℃.
11. Score slant lines on the dough with sharp knife. Spray water.
12. Put the dough into the oven with steam for 15 minutes at 190℃. Then bake it at 180℃ for 10 minutes.