I got a lame knife, finally!! I tryed to find one in New Zealand. But I cant find it at the shops.
I decided to make it by myself.
What do you think?? It is made from a double edged razor blade and a disposal chopstick.
Now, I made a Raisin & Walnuts Rye Loaf with my new lame knife!!
This bread suits with red wine!! I recommend it!!
Raisin & Walnuts Rye Loaf
Sourdough starter 100g
(50g White flour, 50cc Water, Pinch of Yeast)
Day before, make Sourdough starter. Combine all the ingredients, then leave it for 12hours in the room temperature.
250g High grade flour
60g Rye flour
5g Instant Yeast
170cc Water (Warm)
50g Raisin (Rinse and wipe them with paper towle)
1. In a bowl, dessolve yeast in lukewarm water.
2, In another large bowl, combine flours, salt, molasess, sourdough starter, mixture of yeast and warter. Mix with your finger to roughly combine the ingredients.
3. Place the dough onto the floured counter, then knead it for 10minutes till it becomes smooth and elastic.
4.Spread the dough, put raisin and walnuts on it, knead it briefly till they are just evenly incorporated into the dough.
5. Put the dough into a bowl with cover, place it warm place (35℃) till it becomes double size (about 1 - 1.5hour ).
6. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly. Shape it a big rough ball.. Set the dough with cover for 20 minutes.
7.Shape into final loaf, make it oval ball. Sprinkle enough flour onto a basket. Put the dough into the floured basket. (Put it nice side to bottom, ugly side to up )
8. Place it into warm place with spray water, rise it for 40 minutes. Preheat the oven at 230℃
9. Put the dough onto a baking tray with up side down the basket.
10. Score lines on the dough with sharp knife. Spray water.
11. Put the dough into the oven with steam for 10 minutes at 220℃. Then bake it at 180℃ for 20 minutes.