I m having second summer Christmas in my life in New Zealand.
That Cookies are very attractive for Christmas ornaments. Looks beautiful and pretty!!
It is easy to make. You need cookie dough and candies. That's it.
Stained Glass Cookies
220g Plain Flour
1/4 tea spoon of Baking Powder
125g unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1 Egg yolk
1 tea spoon of Vanila extract
Candy (your favorite coler)
1. Crash the candy with rolling pin
2. Shift flour and baking powder in a bowl together.
3. In the bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg yolk and vanila extract.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. Divide the dough in half, and wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 5mm. Use your favorite shape cutter to cut out the cookies. With an offset spatula lift the cut out cookies onto the baking sheet. If you are hanging the cookies or using as gift tags, make a hole at the top of the cookies with a straw or end of a wooden skewer.
8.Preheat oven 180C. Cut out middle of the dough with smaller cutters.
9. Bake cookies about 8 minutes. Take the baking tray out, put the crashed candies into the hole of cookies.
10. Put it back to the oven, bake it at 170C for 3-4 minutes till candies melt.
11. cookies cool completely. Loosen them carefully and peel them off the baking sheets.
Dont remove cookies before cool down!!!