Friday, July 29, 2011
Don't you think they look like UFO?
I call them UFO Buns. Oh, well... they also look like hats.
In Japan,that is a big round loaf, which is a big loaf. But I made them small buns to eat easily and suitable for tea or coffee and breakfast.
It is coated with soft sweet cookie. The bun's dough inside is bit sweet.
It is easy to make! At first, make cookie batter. Mix all cookie ingredients and place it in the fridge. It needs to chill before pipe it on the bun' s dough.
Cookie batter melt and spread over in the oven, so it becomes UFO shape.
UFO Buns (make 9)
50g Butter (melted)\
1 Egg (beaten)
50g Plain flour (shifted)
250g High grade flour
4g Instant dried yeast
160cc Milk (lukewarm)
1. In a bowl, combine egg and sugar with a whipper. Add shifted flour, combine well. Add melted butter and combine well. Place it in the fridge at least 1hour.
2. Place flour, milk, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix for about 7 minutes. Add butter and mix for another 6minutes. The dough becomes very soft and extensible, elastic. It can be stretched a paper thin“windowpane” .
3. Transfer the dough to a covered container and ferment at warm room temperature (about 27℃) for 1.5 - 2 hours.
4. Pour the dough onto the floured counter, then deflate it, knead it briefly. Divide it into 9, and make them rough balls. Set them 15 minutes with cover.
5. Reshape them into final balls.
7.Preheat the oven at 200℃.
Pipe out the cookie batter on the buns. Cover just 2/3. It melts and spreads over in the oven.
8. Bake them at 190 ℃ for 15 minutes till they become well Brown.
9. Cool them down on the wire rack.