Friday, November 25, 2011
Souffle au Fromage - Cheesecake Souffle type
I could ask this question to you, What kind of cheesecake do you like?
There are lots lots of variety of cheesecakes in the world. banana cheesecake, caramel cheesecake, chocolate, lemon, orange.....endless!!
Today, I made Souffle type cheesecake. It is typical type in Japan.
It melts in your mouth!!!!! Fluffy and moist.
It is made with meringue to make fluffy. But it has moisture from cream cheese.
It doesn't have cookie crust on the bottom of cake. This cake is just soft!!
It tastes rich creamy cheese.
I made with 20cm square tin and cut in to one bite size. I recommend cool it well in the fridge before serve. Or freeze it and enjoy icy cheesecake.
Souffle au Fromage (Cheesecake)
250g Cream cheese (room temperature and soften)
40g Butter (melted)
100cc Heavy cream
3 Egg yolk (beaten)
2 Table spoon of Lemon zest
20g Plain flour (sifted)
3 Egg white
1. Preheat oven at 170
Set baking paper on the tin.
2. In a large bowl, soften cream cheese with the whipper. Add butter and sugar, then mix well.
Add egg yolk, heavy cream, lemon zest mix well each time.
3. Add sifted flour mix well.
4. In another bowl, whip egg white and sugar until it becomes fluffy meringue.
5. Add meringue into the cheese mixture, then mix it gently with the spatula.
6. Pour it into the tin.
7. Bake it at 160 for 15minutes, and 150 for 30minutes, toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool it down and take it out from the tin.
Place it in the fridge before serve.