Do you know "wasabi"?
It is a kind of horseradish, it is extremely strong flavor, spicy and might be hot.
Its taste is peculiar, I wonder how I can explain. When I have it, I sore my nose!
Wasabi paste is grated roots of wasabi. We, Japanese have one with sashimi(raw fish) and sushi.
And also we make sauce with wasabi and mayonnaise. I recommend this sauce, if you don't like wasabi. It is mild spicy.
When you think about Wasabi loaf, what do you image its taste like?
Spicy and hot??
If you have a keen tough, you might be able to taste slightly.
Actually, my friends couldn't taste wasabi before I told that is wasabi loaf.
Because wasabi ingredients is sensitive to heat. It will go off when it baked with the hot oven.
The chemical in Wasabi effect preserving food against spoilage and suppressing bacterial growth.
So this loaf could keep well.
I made it a slice of toast sweed spread and cheese on top!!
300g High grade flour
4g Active dried Yeast
10g Canola oil
10g Wasabi paste
1. In the mixer or bread machine, combine the final dough ingredients. Mix it 12 minute till it becomes smooth and elastic.
2. Put it into the container, then proof it at warp place (35℃) till it becomes double size (about 1 - 1.5 hours).
3. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly. Preshape it and let rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
4. Shape into final loaf. Make it a oval shape.
5. Place it into warm place (35℃) with spray water, rise it for 1.5- 2 hours. Preheat the oven at 210℃.
6. Slash the dough.
7. Bake it at 200℃ for 20 minutes and at 180℃ for 10 minutes till it becomes golden brown.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.