Double Soft Bread is a product of the bread company '' YAMAZAKI '' in Japan. This bread is soft and springy, fluffy. It is sold into 2cm thick sliced loaf and at the super markets in Japan.
I think it is the most popular bread loaf of mass product bread in Japan. Soft texture of crumb, thick and crust is soft as well.
I tried to make it at home. I baked too much.... the temperature had to be lower and try not to be crispy crust.
Anyway, crumb is softer and more springy than Rich Milk Loaf I have made before.
I needed high gluten flour to make strong springy crumb, but I couldn't find it. I added extra gluten flour.
Double Soft Brad Loaf (19.5 x 9.5 x 9.5cm )
320g High gluten bread flour
3g Active dried Yeast
16g Butter(unsalted, melted)
1. In the mixer or bread machine, combine the dough ingredients without butter. Mix it 10 minute. Add butter and knead it another 10 minutes. It can be stretched a paper thin“windowpane.
2. Transfer the dough to a covered container and ferment at warm room temperature. 1 hour later, fold the dough and proof it another 30 minutes till it becomes double size more.
3. Pour the dough onto floured counter, then deflate it, knead briefly. Divide it into 2 (about 315g each). Preshape it and let rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
4. Shape into final loaf.
②Fold 1/3 up-side and bottom-side.
③Fold over into half.
⑤Roll it and make it about 25cm nice cylinder.
Make another dough into the same cylinder.
5. Place them into the tin. Place it into warm place with moisture for 60 - 90 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat oven at 190℃. Spray water before bake it.
6. Bake it at 180℃ with steam for 10 minutes, 160℃ for 25 minutes.
7. Cool it down on the wire rack.
It is placed at Yeastspotting.