''Calzone'' is a turnover that originates from Italy. The typical calzone is stuffed with tomato and cheese, similar to pizza ingredients. It is folded over and shaped like crecent before being baked.
I considered that i could name that ''Calzone''.
It is not like pizza. Sweet filling and dough. But if I must find something to name this one, I call it ''Calzone'' , just come from the shape,
Filling - Mild Custard cream, strong flavor comes from cream cheese. If you like more cheese taste, you can add more.
Dough - Rich taste like ''Brioche''...Butter, Milk, Egg, Sugar
You can create own Calzone, savory or sweet, you just need your idea!!
Sweet Calzone; make 10
240g High grade flour
1 Tea table spoon of instant yeast
2 Table Spoon of Sugar
1.5 tea Table spoon of Salt
1 Egg + Milk(not cold)= 140g + 20g for egg wash
★Cream Cheese Custard filling★
1 Egg yolk
1Tablespoon of Cornstarch
30g Cream cheese
1. Mix flour, yeast, sugar, salt, egg + milk into a bowl with your finger till it becomes hard to mix.
2.Place the dough into the floured counter, then knead it for 10 minutes. And add butter, knead it another 5 minutes till it becomes smooth and elastic.
3. Put the dough into a bowl with cover, place it warm place (35℃) till it becomes double size (about 1 hour).
4. Meanwhile, make the filling.
Mix sugar and egg yolk into a heat-resistant bowl, then add milk, mix it. Add corn starch, mix it well.
5. Put it into the microwave with plastic cover, heat it at 500w for 5 minutes. Take it out, and mix it. Then reheat it with microwave at 500w for another 1 minutes. Add cream cheese and mix it, during it is hot. Make sure custard cream is not too soft, otherwise it is going to come out from the dough during baking.
If it is soft, put more corn starch and mix it during it is hot.
6. Cool custard cream down in the room, then put it into the fridge.
7.Pour the dough onto the floured counter, then deflate it, knead it briefly, divide it to 10 pieces.
8. Set the dough with cover for 15 minutes.
9. Punch the dough, make a oval shape with a roll pin. Divide the custard filling into 10. Then put one of filling onto the rolled dough.
10. Close the edge of the dough with using a folk. See the photo. Make sure seal with a folk tightly. Try not to put air with filling.
11. Place them into the warm place(40℃) for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven at 200 ℃。12. Bake them at 190℃ for 20 minutes.